[Another round of trivia about my =
adopted home state of Wisconsin where my wife and I will soon be living =
after our upcoming retirement]
1. In 1634, what French explorer =
left Quebec, traveled the Great Lakes and traversed =
2. In 1844, Jerome Case developed =
the first of what machines to help farmers?
3. In 1867, what famous author was =
born in a Little House in the Big Woods of Wisconsin?
4. In 1873, Rev John Wesley =
Carhart invented the “Spark” in Racine, fathering what =
5. In 1877, William Dempster Hoard =
built the first of these to provide green feed for a year-round dairy =
6. In 1883, William Horlick of =
Racine invented what concoction still used at soda fountains and diners =
7. In 1883, John Michael Kohler =
revolutionized indoor plumbing with what first?
8. In 1885, a rural school teacher =
in Waubeka celebrated the first of what holidays, later a national =
holiday under Woodrow Wilson?
9. In 1886, the city of Appleton =
boasted the first commercially-working of these mass-transit =
10. In 1889, what innovation was =
first built in Milwaukee that changed =
11. In 1903, Wisconsin enacted the =
nation’s first election law guaranteeing what?
12. In 1911, the nation’s =
first of what schools to teach specialize classes was started? =
13. Also in 1911, the state =
started what Act to give aid to families of men injured or killed at =
14. In 1917, Wisconsin led the =
nation as the first to develop this for roads?
15. In 1918, what was unique about =
WHA in Madison?
16. In 1919, Wisconsin was the =
first state to ratify the 19th Amendment to the U.S. =
Constitution guaranteeing what?
17. In 1924 (patent 1927) =
Wisconsin’s own Carl Eliason invented this device for safe =
individual travel in cold winter month.
18. In 1932, Progressive =
Governor Phillip LaFollette signed this model act for the nation’s =
19. In 1961, another =
Governor mandated that this safety feature be install on all new cars =
sold in the State.
20. In 1966, a trail from Kenosha =
to La Crosse was dedicated solely for what use?
Dr Bob Griffin =
Knows Me, This I Love!"