I stopped for =
coffee this morning.
Bob: "Are =
you all ready for Christmas? Remember, Christmas falls on a Friday this =
"Oh my goodness. I really hope it’s not on the =
Employee at =
next register: "That would sure be =
overheard and added: “It doesn’t matter what date this year. We =
close early and celebrate the night before =
Quiz on Decade of the 1980’s
1. 1980 =
– When the US Olympic Hockey Team defeated the favored USSR team =
in Lake Placid, it was labeled the “MIRACLE ON =
2. 1981 =
– The wedding of the decade caught the attention of the world from =
ST PAUL’S CATHEDRAL in London.
3. 1982 =
– The opening of Walt Disney’s EXPERIMENTAL PROTOTYPE =
COMMUNITY OF TOMORROW or EPCOT as it was called added to the Disney =
4. 1983 =
– The US Marine barracks in BERUIT was bombed by terrorists, =
killing nearly 250.
5. 1984 =
–SEAT BELTS in automobiles finally became mandatory safety =
6. 1985 =
– After years of fruitless searching, the wreck of the TITANIC is =
7. 1986 =
– In the worse accident in the history of US space program, the =
CHALLENGER explodes 73 seconds after liftoff, killing all seven crew =
8. 1987 =
– President Ronald =
Reagan visits West Berlin and challenges leader Mikhail Gorbachev to =
TEAR DOWN THIS WALL.
9. 1988 =
– Andrew Lloyd =
Webber’s PHANTOM OF THE OPERA opens on Broadway, with Michael Crawford =
in the title role.
10. 1989 =
– The tanker EXXON VALDEZ runs aground, spilling 10 million =
gallons of oil in the largest spill in US =
Dr Bob Griffin =
Knows Me, This I Love!"