[A friend who teaches ESL – English as a second language – =
shared some sentences that caused trouble for her students to =
1) The bandage was wound around the wound.
2) The farm was used to produce produce.
3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse. =
4) He could lead if he would get the lead out.
5) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert. =
6) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to =
present the present.
7) A bass was painted on the head of the bass =
8) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes. =
9) I did not object to the object.
10) The insurance was invalid for the invalid. =
11) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row. =
12) They were too close to the door to close it. =
13) The buck does funny things when the does are present. =
14) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line. =
15) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow. =
16) The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
17) After a number of injections my jaw got number. =
18) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear. =
19) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests. =
20) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
Dr Bob Griffin =
Knows Me, This I Love!"