[Each year the Post holds a NEOLOGISM contest, where contestants =
are asked to make up “new meanings” for common =
1. Coffee (n.), the person upon whom one =
2. Flabbergasted (adj.), appalled over how much weight you have =
3. Abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a flat =
4. Esplanade (v.), to attempt an explanation while =
5. Negligent (adj.), describes a condition in which you absentmindedly =
answer the door in your nightgown.
6. Lymph (v.), to walk with a lisp.
7. Gargoyle (n.), gross olive-flavored =
8. Flatulence (n.) emergency vehicle that picks you up after you are =
run over by a steamroller.
9. Balderdash (n.), a rapidly receding =
10. Pok=E9mon (n), a Rastafarian proctologist.
Dr Bob Griffin
"Jesus Knows Me, This I =