Someone asked me if any nation today had a capital =
named after an automobile.=A0 Immediately I thought of Senegal.=A0 Okay. =
That was lousy.=A0 But here are SERIOUS but “light” =
questions you may either answer for your own enjoyment or use to =
impress/astound friends and family with lesser known facts. No catch/no =
humor – just a little Friday quiz to keep the mind going at the =
end of a long week.
1. What is =
the use of the Dewey Decimal system?
2. How many squares are there on a chess =
3. Name all four of the Marx =
4. If you were eating Cr=E8me du Barry, what would you be =
5. Who invented Kodak cameras?
6. What does the Latin phrase ‘caveat =
7. What are the four types of teeth? (false, baby, permanent =
or buck are NOT the answers)
8. Which former American president had =
a popular children’s toy named after him?
9. What was Che Guevara’s =
10. How many points does a compass =
11. What do you call the smell which wine gives =
12. Who lived at 221b Baker Street?
13. What king was killed at the Battle =
14. Which hormone controls the supply of sugar between muscles =
15. In what era was Steinbeck’s “Grapes of =
Bonus (really hard): Which historical event is remembered in =
the nursery rhyme “Ring Around the =
[Answers posted Monday, if I remember]
Dr Bob Griffin =
email@example.com www.grif.net =
"Jesus Knows Me, This I =