A friend in Wyoming wrote about "Beating a =
Dead Horse". He said that Dakota tribal wisdom says that when =
you discover you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to =
dismount. However, in business we often try other strategies with dead =
horses, including the following:
Buying a stronger whip.
3. Say things =
like, "This is the way we have always ridden this =
4. Appointing a =
committee to study the horse.
Arranging to visit other sites to see how they ride dead =
6. Increasing the =
standards to ride dead horses.
Appointing a tiger team to revive the dead horse.
8. Creating a training session to increase our =
9. Comparing the =
state of dead horses in today’s environment.
10. Change the requirements declaring that =
"This horse is not dead."
11. Hire contractors to ride the dead =
12. Harnessing several dead =
horses together for increased speed.
13. Declaring that "No horse is too dead to =
14. Providing =
additional funding to increase the horse’s performance.
15. Do a Cost Analysis study to see if contractors =
can ride it cheaper.
16. Purchase =
a product to make dead horses run faster.
17. Declare the horse is "better, faster and =
18. Form a =
quality circle to find uses for dead horses.
19. Revisit the performance requirements for =
20. Say this horse was =
procured with cost as an independent variable.
21. Promote the dead horse =
to a management position.
Dr Bob =
firstname.lastname@example.org www.grif.net =
"Jesus Knows Me, This I =