A Pastor went to the dentist for a set of false teeth. The first Sunday
after he got his new teeth, he talked for only eight minutes. The second
Sunday, he talked for only ten minutes. The following Sunday, he talked for
2 hours and 48 minutes.
The congregation had to mob him to get him down from the pulpit and they
asked him what happened.
The Pastor explained that the first Sunday his gums hurt so bad he couldn’t
talk for more than 8 minutes. The second Sunday his gums hurt too much to
talk for more than 10 minutes. But, the third Sunday, he put his wife’s’
teeth in by mistake . . .
~~ANSWERS FROM HAIR/NAIL QUIZ
1. Facial hair grows faster than any other hair on the body. TRUE
2. Every day the average person loses about 75 to 100 strands of hair. (Of
course, hair loss varies with season, pregnancy, illness, diet and age)
3. Women’s hair is 50% THINNER in diameter than men’s hair.
4. A single human hair can support the weight of about 3.5 ounces (about the
weight of two full size candy bars. With hundreds of thousands of hairs on
the human head, the tale of Rapunzel is plausible)
5. The fastest growing nail is on the little finger of your dominant hand.
FALSE. (It is the MIDDLE finger. Nails grow in relation to length of digit.)
6. Humans have the SAME hairs per square inch on the body as a chimpanzee.
7. We’re told blondes have more fun. But do blondes have more hair? YES.
8. Fingernails grow nearly 10 times faster than toenails. FALSE. (They do
grow faster, but only 3-4 times.)
9. The lifespan of a human hair averages 3 to 7 years. (While you lose quite
a few hairs each day, your hairs actually have a pretty long life providing
they aren’t subject to any trauma. Your hairs will likely get to see several
different haircuts, styles, and even possibly decades before they fall out
on their own)
10.You must lose more than 50% of your scalp hairs before it is apparent to
11. Aside from it’s flammability, human hair is virtually indestructible.
TRUE. (If you’ve ever wondered how your hair clogs up your pipes so quickly
consider that hair cannot be destroyed by cold, change of climate, water, or
other natural forces and it is resistant to many kinds of acids and
12. Each hair follicle will produce about TWENTY individual hairs in a
13. If a man never shaved his beard, it would grow to about THIRTY feet
during his lifetime.
14. Hair color determines how dense the hair on your head is. List the major
colors from most to least.
BLONDE = 150,000
BLACK = 110,000
BROWN = 95,000
RED = 85,000
Dr Bob Griffin
“Jesus Knows Me, This I Love!”