Advice is cheap – but some things are priceless. Here is some wisdom from
19 years of the grif.net blog (can you imagine I’ve been doing this that
*Insomnia: “Sleep on the very edge of the bed and you will soon drop off.”
*Survival: “Think. It’s what you do if you can’t thwim.”
*Jogging: “If you oversleep, you will run late.”
*Humor: “Laughter is the best medicine. Unless you have diarrhea.”
Dreams: “If you try to follow your dream, you may end up with a restraining
*Judging: “People who say ‘Only God can judge me’ ought to truly be scared.”
*Entertainment: “I was watching the dog chase its own tail and thought how
easily amused they were. Then I realized I was watching a dog chase its
*Advice: “Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is because
you are stupid.”
** QUIZ ANSWERS ON US STATES
1. State with the longest coastline?
2. State with the shortest coastline (if it has any coast; many states are
landlocked and have none)?
3. States that border the Pacific Ocean?
California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, Alaska
4. State whose capital city residents celebrate Halloween on Oct 30, not Oct
31st every year?
Nevada (Oct 31st is “Nevada Statehood Day”)
5. States that are a “Commonwealth”
Virginia, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Massachusetts
6. State in which you would find the city Pittsburg?
Texas, California, Oklahoma, Kentucky, New Hampshire – but NOT Pennsylvania
7. State with the longest official name?
Rhode Island and Providence Plantations
8. State with “Home on the Range” as official state song?
9. What state contains no interstate highways?
None. All 50 states have them (including Hawaii H1, H2 and Alaska A1, A2)
10. What states begin with the letter “M”?
Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Minnesota,
Bonus: State that is home to first National Park, first National Monument
and first to grant women’s suffrage?
Wyoming, of course
Dr Bob Griffin
“Jesus Knows Me, This I Love!”