Each of the following well known proverbs has a key word MISSING. Actually,
with the fertile mind of Mary Y, there is a word SUBSTITUTED for the missing
word. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, will be to find the
erroneous word and replace it with the correct one. Or join me and just
laugh at entirely new meanings. 🙂
1. A rolling pin gathers no moss.
2. Many hands make housework.
3. Let sleeping bags lie.
4. Don’t look a saw horse in the mouth.
5. Cleanliness is next to impossible.
6. Fools fall in where angels fear to tread.
7. You can’t teach an old dog card tricks.
8. Don’t kill the goose that laid the deviled egg.
9. Out of sight, out of order.
10. Don’t burn your bridges at both ends.
11. Politics make strange bedbugs.
12. Penny wise, pound cake.
13. Into each cellar some rain must fall.
14. Don’t cross your blessings before they hatch.
15. People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw parties.
Dr Bob Griffin
“Jesus Knows Me, This I Love!”