After spending a couple hours with some young adults, I have come to the
1. Typical science student thinks the Energizer Bunny disproves that
“conservation of energy” theory.
2. Most can’t locate the earth on a globe.
3. Many think “Bill Nye the Science Guy” is a grunge band.
4. If they can’t find a Number 2 pencil for a test, they bring half of a
5. Some think “Algorithm” might be a former Vice President bustin’ a move on
the dance floor.
6. All have short attention span. When given a math problem, they think “5
+ 3 equals … Hey! Nickelodeon is running a Brady Bunch marathon . . . ”
And the sad part? Six out of five math teachers say there’s no problem
Dr Bob Griffin
“Jesus Knows Me, This I Love!”