Looking in a baby-name site (for research, NOT personal need) I came across
this list of the most obnoxious names.
1. “Captain Fantastic Faster Than Superman Spiderman Batman Wolverine Hulk
And The Flash Combined”. Some young (and possibly insane) British teenager
actually legally changed his name to this long and ridiculous moniker. He
says that most people just call him ‘Captain.’
2. “Depressed Cupboard Cheesecake”. Ah, the British. A charming couple in
Kent, England chose this name for their baby. We don’t know if it belongs to
a baby girl or boy, but we bet that he or she is currently in therapy.
3. “Trout Fishing in America”. He was born Peter Eastman, Jr., but he
changed it. He just loved the novella that much. Plus…it only cost $182.
4. “Optimus Prime”. The Transformers character is so popular that a National
Guardsman actually changed his name to this, legally, and has no intention
to change it back.
5. “They”. Yep. Just ‘They.’ He was Andrew Wilson. In 2004 he legally became
‘They.’ Now you know who the they is they’re always talking about…It’s
just that guy Andy from Missouri. Weird.
6. “Superman”. A New Zealand couple named their baby boy this, but that’s
not the worst part. The worst part is that was their second choice. Their
first choice was ‘4Real.’ Really.
7. “Sarah McCain Palin”. Umm . . they lost, didn’t they?
8. “Kayciance Clarita-jayne”. K-Sťance is the pronunciation, and you would
think that they could have at least capitalized ‘Jayne.’
9. “Sunshine Deathray”. Ok. We can get behind the idea of sunshine. Even
rays of sunshine, but . . .
10. “Aksel. Sure”. Like Axl Rose from Guns-n-Roses, or like the axle on your
car, or what?
Bonus: “Razziel”. Were they trying for something that sounded like a
Biblical Archangel or something? If they were, they failed at their task.
Dr Bob Griffin
“Jesus Knows Me, This I Love!”