In case the kids are bored being off school for Christmas break, here is a
US Geography Quiz:
1. What US state contains the most coastline?
2. What US city has the world’s second largest Polish population (just
behind Warsaw, Poland)?
3. What US city’s “Woodward Avenue” carries the designation M-1 since it was
the first paved road in the nation?
4. What is the full name of the California city we call L.A.?
5. Who gave New York City the nickname ‘The Big Apple’?
6. What US state contains no natural lakes?
7. What was the original name of the capital city of Minnesota?
8. What US city has more Italians than in Rome, Italy, more Irish than in
Dublin, Ireland, and more Jews than in Tel Aviv, Israel?
9. What percentage of roads/streets in the US are unpaved?
10. In what state is the deepest hole ever made in the world?
Bonus: How many miles in every hundred of an interstate highway must be
straight enough and without an overpass to be useable as an airstrip in time
of war or emergency?
(Answers and a NEW quiz on Thursday)
Dr Bob Griffin, www.grif.net
“Jesus knows me, this I love”