Just heading home from our 40th college class anniversary over the weekend.
Wisconsin was more beautiful that I remember. Lots of faces I did not
recognize on folks that don’t look a day over 60-something. I’ll admit if I
had to hold in my stomach for another picture, I’d probably develop a
The tunes of the music were familiar, but the words have changed a tad over
the decades . . .
1. Herman’s Hermits — Mrs. Brown, You’ve Got a Lovely Walker.
2. The Bee Gees — How Can You Mend a Broken Hip?
3. Bobby Darin — Splish, Splash, I Was Havin’ a Flash.
4. Ringo Starr — I Get By With a Little Help From Depends.
5. Roberta Flack — The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face.
6. Johnny Nash — I Can’t See Clearly Now.
7. Paul Simon — Fifty Ways to Lose Your Liver.
8. The Commodores — Once, Twice, Three Times to the Bathroom.
9. Marvin Gaye — Heard It Through the Grape Nuts.
10. Procol Harem — A Whiter Shade of Hair.
11. Leo Sayer — You Make Me Feel Like Napping.
12. Tony Orlando — Knock 3 Times On The Ceiling If You Hear Me Fall.
13. Helen Reddy — I Am Woman, Hear Me Snore.
14. Willie Nelson — On the Commode Again.
15. Leslie Gore — It’s My Procedure and I’ll Cry If I Want To.
Dr Bob Griffin, www.grif.net
“Jesus knows me, this I love”